Denison Parking is comprised of a dedicated team focused on creating an environment where energy and integrity create quality parking solutions. The Denison vision dates back to the late 1920s when Indianapolis businessman William C. Griffith purchased the Denison Hotel at a busy corner in the city’s downtown. The bustling commercial area in Indianapolis began to draw people traveling via a relatively new invention — the automobile. Soon the demand for parking overtook its short supply. Mr. Griffith made a daring decision to raze most of the old Denison hotel and develop one of the first paid parking facilities in the country. He named his new company Denison Parking after the landmark hotel that once occupied that site. In 1954 the Griffith family continued to lead the pack in parking innovation by completing construction of the first self-parking garage in Indianapolis. This garage was only the fifth self-parking garage ever constructed in the United States. Even then Denison’s legacy of daring and forward-looking decisions was shaping our country’s future. From those humble beginnings the Griffith family has established a company whose name Denison Parking has remained synonymous with uncompromising quality and fiscal responsibility throughout its history. While the family still owns and operates Denison Parking the company has grown far beyond our Indianapolis roots. Today Denison Parking operates over 71000 parking spaces in eleven states.